CIVSEC 2018 is a unique event in the civil security conference and exhibition domain, innovatively designed to offer an attractive range of special features for participants.
- CIVSEC is both a comprehensive exposition of technology and industry capability and a uniquely-blended congress of conferences and symposia, spanning the spectrum of issues relating to civil and national security, policing, emergency management and disaster relief and showcasing the latest in related technology, equipment, products and services.
- CIVSEC encompasses a broad international scope with a special regional focus on the Indo-Asia-Pacific and Australia.
- CIVSEC is free to attend for registered accredited professional visitors who have a professional, business, scientific or academic interest in the topics being covered. Its pro-bono mission is to ensure that knowledge and information are not 'price-tagged', and attendance not constrained, by the cost impost of visitor registration fees.
- CIVSEC is a biennial event to avoid the 'event fatigue' that frequently accompanies annual conferences and exhibitions, with a two-yearly cycle to ensure that the subject matter discussed and the technology presented are always current and topical.
- CIVSEC is held over three days to give visitors the flexibility to decide which one (or more) of the three days they wish to attend.
- CIVSEC has a mix-and-match daily conference program to give visitors the option to freely choose the individual conference sessions each day they will attend and a sessional schedule that allows attendees to move across streams, to spend time visiting the exposition and to network with colleagues and contacts.
The congress program at CIVSEC 2018 is unique. It combines:
- Civil Security in the 21st Century Conference – which addresses the theme "Rise of the Cities – the civil security challenges for 2020 and beyond" and incorporates streams covering Human Security, Cyber Security, Social Media, Disaster Management and Response, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Major Event Security
- Strategic Security Summit
- ANZPAA Policing Conference (on behalf of the Police Commissioners of Australia and New Zealand - by invitation only)
- Innovation and Science for Civil and National Security Conference
- Unmanned Systems in Civil Security Conference