CIVSEC 2018 CAREERS & SKILLS FORUMS
Careers forums to help bolster the capability
of the civil security workforce.
Industry Defence and Security Australia Limited will be conducting two "civil security" careers forums during CIVSEC 2018:
Cyber Security Careers Forum - Tuesday 1 May 2018 (Time: 10am – 12noon)
- Grant McKechnie - Telstra GM Cyber Operations : Diversity Of Thought In Cyber Security > BIO
- Owen Pierce - AustCyber Program Manager, National Research and Education > BIO
- Commander David McLean - Manager Cybercrime Operations within Australia Federal Police Organised Crime and Cyber Portfolio > BIO
- Troy Latter - ORACLE > BIO
- Martin Hale - IT Masters
- Melbourne University - TBC
Law Enforcement Careers Forum – Wednesday 2 May 2018 (Time: 10am – 12noon)
- Grant Young - Victoria Police : Careers in Policing - General Duties > BIO
- Sgt Daisie Beckensall - Australian Federal Police
- Levi West - Australian Graduate School of Policing & Security
- Marty Weaver - Corrections VIC
- Australian Border Force - TBC
Eligibility to Attend:
Attendance at the CIVSEC 2018 careers forums is free-of-charge but places are limited.
Accreditation and pre-registration are required.
To qualify for accreditation to attend, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and :
- an undergraduate, or postgraduate, University or TAFE student undertaking a tertiary course in Australia in engineering, sciences, security, technology or management, who demonstrates a serious interest in pursuing a career in the civil security sector (and related high-technology industries) and, in particular, cyber security, policing, border protection and defence, or
- a person with transferable skills developed through applicable experience in the work-place who demonstrates a serious interest in a career change to the civil security sector (and, particularly, cyber security, policing, border protection and defence).
Attendees at the careers forums may also visit the CIVSEC 2018 exhibition and attend sessions of some of the CIVSEC 2018 conferences subject to availability.
Pre-registration has now closed, however places are still available – if you wish to attend, please register on the day at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Casual business attire. (No denim, t-shirts or shorts)
It is likely that careers forum attendees may establish a better impression with exhibitors and other CIVSEC 2018 participants if appropriately attired in business dress.